I hope members are not getting tired of my updates at the moment and are continuing to enjoy the relaxation with the travel restrictions.
The primary purpose of this update is the announcement that the bowls green is to be opened following the bowls committee recent meeting to finalise the arrangements which are set out further down under the “bowls” section.
The green is scheduled to open on Thursday 21 May with the following procedures to follow which Gill and her committee have developed with the aim of keeping everyone safe while at the same time enjoying bowling. The procedures are based on advice given by EBF and Bowls England
- The green will be open in the first instance on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday with the first day being Thursday May 21st
- Time slots will be 10.30 -12.30, 1.00 – 3.00, 3.30 – 5.30 and 6.00 – 8.00.
- The direction of the green will be set in advance and this should not be altered
- Everyone must book a slot as we cannot allow members to just turn up and bowl.
- Booking is to be done through Martin Francis and he will put a calendar on the Club website, so people can see the availability….you can email him at email@example.com or phone or text him on 07941412944.
- Martin will then allocate a rink to you…there will be 3 rinks in use at each time slot to allow for social distancing.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance and no more then 7 days ahead and members will only be allowed 1 slot per day at the moment. It will not be possible to book a regular time slot every day or every week.
- In line with government guidelines you can only play either on your own, with someone from your own household or 1 other person from another household so the maximum per rink will be 2…there is to be no pairs played. Social distancing of 2 metres must be adhered to.
- When playing please avoid measuring for shots.
- Please aim to arrive no more then 15 minutes before your allocated time and avoid waiting around the green.
- Mats will be put down and we ask that you leave them in position please and don’t move them….please do not spray them with disinfectant as this could damage the green.
- Jacks should be cleaned before and after use with wipes, sanitiser or soap and water, please do not do this on the green…there is an outside tap by the mint…we will leave disinfectant and washing up liquid there for members to use. Please use 2 jacks if you are from different households.
- The toilets will be available in the men and ladies golf rooms when Scotty is on site…these can be accessed with your key fob. The clubhouse and the changing room will remain closed at all times.
- Will you please not use any of the bins, the seats or the coat stand.
- No visitors or spectators will be permitted.
The “rules” have been slightly modified and will continue to do this as we react to how we can best manage the situation for the benefit of members and the club. Visitors will be gradually re-introduced but we are going to maintain their booking opportunity to 24 hours notice whilst giving members their normal booking facility of 7 days advance booking. On booking we would ask members to cancel their booking at the earliest opportunity if they are not going to use it so that it can either be taken up by another member or a visitor so to optimise usage and, therefore, benefit to the club.
Procedures to be adhered to :
- Mainly members so book early
- If any member would like to bring along a guest please talk to Stuart
- All tee slots have to be booked through BRS in the normal way and Tee times have to be booked in advance and will now remain at 10 minutes apart until the end of the month and reviewed.
- We ask that you arrive no more then 15 minutes before your booked time and do not congregate in the car park or throughout the course.
- There are no restrictions for lone players but they still need to book through BRS
- Two players from different households may play together but they must maintain social distancing.
- Two, three and fours balls comprising players from the same households may play together
- Where possible please bring along and use your own hand sanitizer to better protect yourselves and others.
- Remember that casual walkers have gotten used to walking the course – signage is being put up requesting that they restrict themselves to the footpaths but members may come across walkers – if so, please be polite and point out that golfers are now playing again and, for safety, walkers should keep to the footpaths only. A post is going out on social media to publicise this
- We are planning to have marshals out on the course particularly on busy days who will be there to help any casual walkers that are straying from footpaths and to ensure that players are adhering to our procedures
- Flags on the greens must not be removed for any reason
- Holes have been blocked to stop balls falling to the bottom of the cup.
- Benches should not be used
- All practise facilities remain closed for the time being – putting green, net etc but Stuart will be using the practise area for lessons.
- Bunker rakes will not be available
- Please maintain social distancing with the grounds team and staff on the course at all times
- Rental buggies can be used while the pro shop is open but it is the responsibility of the user to clean all surfaces prior to use.
- The lockers will only be available when Stuart is on site
- Visitors will be given a printed list of the procedures to be followed to play
Finally few points :
- can I ask that nobody should come to the club if you are showing any symptoms of Covid 19 or any cold or flu like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature
- it would be appreciated if golfers could avoid walking down the path between the club house and bowls green when the bowlers are playing in the direction of club house to the bungalow – this better enables social distancing but please bear in mind that the green is initially open for only 4 days per week and the direction of play is being altered on a weekly basis so the request to avoid transiting on the path between the club house and green will only impact on 4 days in 14 days.
- I am sure that everyone will have noticed the new railing fence between Stuart’s shop and the practise net and to improve security the gates are to be locked and for the time being we are going to trial not using the bottom car park so please use one of the other car parks.
I am sorry if there appears to be a lot of dos and don’ts and I know a lot of it is common sense but we are mindful that we want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Stuart is planning to continue to be in on certain days and, while he is in, will open the clubhouse to enable access to the toilets and washrooms but, unfortunately, the club house will remain closed at all other times.
Chairman, Ramsey Golf and Bowls Club